[Radiance-openstudio] Illuminance Map

Khalid khalid.ud at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 14:11:32 PDT 2013

Hi All

In EnergyPlus , by the use of “ Daylighting:Controls “,  daylighting illuminance levels are calculated and then used to determine how much the electric lighting can be reduced.

Estimating daylight will not be affected by the size of illuminance map. However, by the use of radiance  I noticed that Illuminance map size will have an effect on the results of the energy consumption of a building  (Energy Per Conditioned Building Area). I did not understand why the illuminance map will affect such results ….

Thanks all

Khalid