[Radiance-general] 答复: Generate sky-matrix by using TMY weather data

Germán Molina Larrain germolinal at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 06:34:45 PST 2017

Hello Clarence,

I am not sure if I completely understood your question, but I think I can
help a bit understand what changed between  3 and 5 phases.

The three-phase method factorizes the DC matrix into three matrices ( DC =
VxTxD ), where T is the BSDF of a shading device. This helps changing T
without having to re-ray-trace, which is the slow process we want to avoid.
Despite being fast,, the Daylight Matrix (the D part in VTD) assumes the
sun to be spread in three or four patches of the sky (thus, Sarith's
comment regarding most values exept 3-4 being zeros for each hour), which
is unrealistic. The sun is not diffuse and big, but direct and small (0.533
degrees, which explains the "-5 0.533" part on the gendaymtx command),
which is why you substract this "big diffuse sun" and replace it by a
"small direct" sun.

Hope that helps!