[Radiance-general] Color definition in Plastic material

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 07:09:32 PST 2017

Xiaoming -- the calculation you performed based on the correct formula Germán gave you should yield a material with 50% diffuse and 10% specular reflectance.

The reason the Radiance material parameters are defined as they are, and "trans" is much more confusing than "plastic" or "metal", is so that there are clearly physical and non-physical ranges for each value.  As long as you are between 0 and 1 in the first four parameters for "plastic" or "metal," you know your material will not reflect more light than reaches it.

Cheers,
-Greg