[Radiance-general] GitHub projects on geometry translation

Georg Mischler schorsch at schorsch.com
Thu Mar 3 09:02:27 PST 2016

While at it, I created three seperate projects on GitHub:

1.
https://github.com/gmischler/Torad
Mostly for historical reasons, and to get the hang of the system.

2.
https://github.com/gmischler/Dxf2rad-Radout
Yes, the two share most of the codebase, and are now available with
a MIT license too. Version 1.1 can also create view files.
Binaries are available from my own site. If anyone wants to contribute
any other platforms, I'll be happy to publish them there as well.
In the case of dxf2rad, this would probably first be Darwin on various
types of hardware.
With Radout, someone with a more recent Autocad and some experience with
the SDK should be able to port it with little effort. I still need
to update the R15 download on my site to include the ACIS enabled
version.

3.
https://github.com/gmischler/RRadout
Last but not least.
As already mentioned for this one, contributions welcome and necessary!

Any further related discussions should probably go to radiance-dev.

Have fun!
-schorsch

--
Georg Mischler  --  simulations developer  --  schorsch at schorsch com
+schorsch.com+  --  lighting design tools  --  http://www.schorsch.com/