[Radiance-general] Preview error - unknown object type "ashik2"

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 14:15:38 PDT 2016

Yes, unlike the other Radiance materials, you need to consider the sum of specular and diffuse components to determine whether you are within physical limits.  The standard "plastic" and "metal" (likewise "plastic2" and metal2") simply make a binary choice between colored and uncolored highlights.  The "ashik2" type allows you full control.  I don't know what materials this is useful, however.

Cheers,
-Greg