[Radiance-general] Preview error - unknown object type "ashik2"

Georg Mischler schorsch at schorsch.com
Fri Apr 22 13:31:40 PDT 2016

Very interesting, thanks.

My conclusions go like this:

* The useful range of the exponents seems to be between 0 (fully
   diffuse and 10000 (mirror-like). Between 5 and 100 looks like the
   most interesting range.

* To create a plastic-like appearance, the specular reflection should
   be desaturated.

* For a metallic appearance, the specular and diffuse reflections
   should have a similar tint.

Remaining questions:

* What happens when specular and diffuse colors are vastly different?
   I'm expecting something rather psychedelic... Do actual materials
   like that exist?

* Do the diffuse and specular color values depend on each other?
   Eg. should their sum be less than 1?

Cheers
-schorsch

--
Georg Mischler  --  simulations developer  --  schorsch at schorsch com
+schorsch.com+  --  lighting design tools  --  http://www.schorsch.com/