[Radiance-general] Issues running pmap demos

Sarith Subramaniam sarith at psu.edu
Fri Oct 16 08:55:21 PDT 2015

Chris,

The options that you have listed
below are meant for mkpmap. The maps created through mkpmap are then
incorporated in rpict or rtrace through the -ap option.

As mentioned in
page 18 of the
<http://www.radiance-online.org/learning/documentation/photonmap-user-guide>,
the workflow is roughly:

mkpmap -apg globalpmap nphotons -apc causticpmap nphotons octree

rpict -ap globalpmap bwidth -ap causticpmap bwidth -ab 1 -vf view octree

I was able to get it to work on Linux as well as Windows. If you are on Linux
and interested in just rendering images, you could even use the TRAD program to
setup the pmap options for you.

Sarith

Hello,