[Radiance-general] Issues running pmap demos

Guglielmetti, Robert Robert.Guglielmetti at nrel.gov
Fri Oct 16 08:47:31 PDT 2015

Not sure the vintage of the scripts you found from your internet scouring
exercise, but I'd recommend pulling the latest source, or grabbing an
installer no older than this tag from NREL:

https://github.com/NREL/Radiance/releases/tag/5.0

Šand then referring to Roland Schregle's doc on all the photon map stuff,
here:

http://www.radiance-online.org/learning/documentation/photonmap-user-guide

YMMV, I have not used any of this stuff yet. But Radiance 5.0 official at
a minimum is required, and any old tutorials may be based on the PMAP
extensions that were Roland's thesis and may behave differently than
what's been tightened up and integrated into Radiance proper.