[Radiance-general] Issues running pmap demos

Chris Kallie kallie at umn.edu
Fri Oct 16 07:57:43 PDT 2015

Hello,

I've scoured the Internet for some pmap demos, and came up with a few
scripts. The problem I am getting is in the recommended reverse ray
tracing commands. I see the following errors:

rtrace: fatal - command line error at '-apd'
rtrace: fatal - command line error at '-apg'
rtrace: fatal - command line error at '-app'
rtrace: fatal - command line error at '-apc'
rtrace: fatal - command line error at '-apv'
rpict: fatal - command line error at '-apd'
rpict: fatal - command line error at '-apdb'
rtrace: fatal - command line error at '-apdb'

I understand that rpict and rtrace don't have these options (maybe they
were there in earlier versions of Radiance). Is there a resource that
can explain these differences? Or, is there a more recent set of demos
for the pmap function? I may also be having compilation errors, so I'm
pretty much open to any explanation.

At your mercy, always,
Chris