[Radiance-general] pure monte carlo rendering tips

Mark Stock mstock at umich.edu
Tue Jan 27 20:21:21 PST 2015

Chris's points about smaller -ad and larger image size oversampling
are spot on. I ran some tests about a decade ago and found that very
large images with relatively low -ad (and -as) generated better
renderings for a given compute time. Results with images are here:

http://markjstock.org/radmisc/aa0_ps1_test/final.html

This won't affect the artifact sizes (-ar will), but it's definitely
related to your task.

Mark