[Radiance-general] pure monte carlo rendering tips

Mike Martinez mmartinez at integralgroup.com
Tue Jan 27 13:21:03 PST 2015

Joe - indeed, Axel's resources are fantastic.

Mark, thanks for the tip - I'll see how it goes. So much for what I thought
I knew about -ar... It turns out you can get a pretty nice -aa 0 rendering
with today's newer machines in about the same time a "traditional" run
(complete with sampling artifacts) would take on 7-8 year old hardware...
It's a bit of an apples to oranges test, but interesting to see
advancements in hardware performance reducing the need for indirect
calculation optimization.

Chris, it's a 3000px rendering pfilted down to 1000px. I'll test out a
larger resolution too and see if the artifacts scale with the increased
iamge size.

Thanks!
MM

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 6:10 AM, Christopher Rush <Christopher.Rush at arup.com