[Radiance-general] modeling trees in Radiance

Joe Smith the.oat.cracker at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 00:41:24 PST 2015

Dear list,

May I ask advices on modeling trees in a Radiance scene?

Suppose I can get a so-called "*transmittance coefficient*" value for a
given type of tree through field measurement and then calculating the
average ratio of the irradiance below a tree to that above it for multiple
points below a tree under various types of sky conditions, what *surface
parameter * can I specify in Radiance for a simplified sphere surface
representing a tree that can use this "transmittance coefficient" as a
reference for simulation to understand the impact of the tree to the
surrounding environment in terms of shading?

Hope I explain myself clearly ...

Thanks!