[Radiance-general] Frit Glass trans Paramters

Andrew McNeil amcneil at lbl.gov
Mon Apr 6 11:27:32 PDT 2015

Aditya,

Trans isn't really a great option for modeling glazing with frit since the
transmission properties don't change with angle. I'd recommend using the
glaze script that comes with Radiance to build up your glazing material.
You simply type 'glaze' at the command line and follow the prompts. the
internal demo database already has the V175 frit.

Jack de Valpine gave a presentation describing how to use glaze to build up
an IGU. And how to use data from LBNL optics to add entries to your glaze
database (slide 10). He has the low-e coating you're proposing on slide 10,
so you might be able to just copy it into your local database.
http://www.radiance-online.org/community/workshops/2009-boston-ma/Presentations/devalpine_visarc_glazing.pdf

Best,
Andy