[Radiance-general] Frit Glass trans Paramters

Aditya Potipireddi aditect at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 22:57:37 PDT 2015

Hi All,

I am trying to model frit glass with varying percentage( 20% to 60%)  of
silk screen coverage(dots)  using trans material to compare illuminance
levels and glare. I am using DIVA for Rhino simulation interface for
Radiance simulation. I am representing the glass as a single surface in the
model.

I am struggling to come up with the Transmitted specularity(Ts), Diffuse
Transmission(Td) , Reflected specularity(Rs) and the Diffuse reflectance
(Cr, Cg,Cb) , so as to calculate the A1 to A7 trans material values.

Any suggestion or pointers on how to estimate or get the above values?

for example, I have the following frit glass assembly with 60% coverage
that I pulled form glass manufacture website.

1/4" (6mm) clear VE-85 #2 and 60% Coverage V175 #2

1/2" (13.2mm) argon space

1/4" (6mm) clear

Appreciate your help!

Best,