[Radiance-general] IES files and MGF geometry

Axel Jacobs jacobs.axel at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 07:03:15 PST 2014

Hi Rob,

thanks for your reply.  Yes, MGF is still alive and kicking--now
officially endorsed by the IESNA as far as I understand.

The product I'm looking at is this:
http://products.iguzzini.com/iway_round
which is why I want to get rid of the top and bottom bits of the
ies2rad geometry.

What I was hoping to be able to do with MGF is tell it what the
fitting looks like.  In this particular case, I'd model 3 stacked
cylinders, enclosed with a disk at the top. Only the middle cylinder
would act as an emitter.  Does that make sense?

Best
Axel