[Radiance-general] Writing a new image with pcomb while maintaining view information

Jan Wienold jan.wienold at ise.fraunhofer.de
Mon Mar 10 04:01:25 PDT 2014

Hi Alstan,

you can use also this command (should be possible also under windows,
when you have installed the sed, shoould be part of mingw):

sed -e 's/    VIEW/VIEW/g'  input.hdr >output.hdr

The character before the first "VIEW" must be a TAB.

best,

Jan

On 03/10/2014 04:28 AM, J. Alstan Jakubiec wrote:
> Hi Axel,
>
> Thanks for the script and your reply! I'm on Windows without a Perl
> interpreter, but its easy enough to scan to the end of the header in
> Python / other scripting language and append the view info.
>
> Separately, I now realize I am actually not subscribed to the HDRI
> list. All this time I thought it was a ghost town like the Daysim list.
>
> Cheers,
> Alstan
>
> On Sun, 09 Mar 2014 12:44:14 -0400, Axel Jacobs
> <jacobs.axel at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Alstan,
>>
>> see my post to HDRI from a few days ago:
>> http://radiance-online.org/pipermail/hdri/2014-February/000515.html
>>
>> Scroll down to 'c) fix the view'
>>
>> Best
>>
>> Axel
>>

>> On 09/03/14 16:32, J. Alstan Jakubiec wrote:
>>> Dear List,
>>>
>>> These days I am doing a lot of image processing with pcomb and
>>> expressions using the -e option. I want to save the images I parse
>>> through pcomb for later analysis.
>>>
>>> The small problem with this is that pcomb removes the view information
>>> from the header. Right now the only option I can find is to manually
>>> append my original view information to the new file's header. Is there,
>>> by chance, an option to maintain the view information when using pcomb?
>>> Its not a problem for me to automate this, but it is nice to stay
>>> within
>>> the Radiance toolkit if possible.
>>>
>>> Thanks very much,
>>> Alstan

Dr.-Ing. Jan Wienold
Head of Team Passive Systems and Daylighting
Fraunhofer-Institut für Solare Energiesysteme
Thermal Systems and Buildings
Heidenhofstr. 2, 79110 Freiburg, Germany
Phone: +49(0)761 4588 5133 Fax:+49(0)761 4588 9133
jan.wienold at ise.fraunhofer.de
http://www.ise.fraunhofer.de

In office:
Mo,Tue: 8:30-18:00