[Radiance-general] 3 phase method in Windows OS

Giuseppe De Michele giudm.87 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 00:38:16 PDT 2014

Dear Rob and Andy,

Thank you for the help. The interpreter for Pert is what I need.

Although with my colleague we have found an other problem, the same find in
this discussion:

http://www.radiance-online.org/pipermail/radiance-general/2013-July/009660.html

and after replacing the wrong string with the right one ,finally, all seems
works well.
Also in couple with rcontrib.

So thank again expert,
Giuseppe

Robert.Guglielmetti at nrel.gov>:

> I've only experience with Windows XP and Windows 7, but this should all
> work fine if you have Perl installed properly. Get your correct version of
> Perl from here:
> http://www.activestate.com/activeperl/downloads
> …or here:
> http://strawberryperl.com/
> …and make sure to add the Perl executable directory to your PATH (the
> installers will optionally do this for you).
>
> You also need to ensure your Radiance installation is correct, meaning
> that the Radiance bin directory is in your PATH, and the Radiance lib
> directory is in an environment variable called "RAYPATH".
>

> On 7/28/14, 9:57 AM, "Greg Ward" <gregoryjward at gmail.com<mailto:
> gregoryjward at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> This error must be generated by Perl itself, as it isn't one produced by
> the genklemsamp.pl script.  I don't know enough about Perl and Windows to
> say more, but perhaps someone else does.
>
> Cheers,
> -Greg
>

> From: Giuseppe De Michele <giudm.87 at gmail.com<mailto:giudm.87 at gmail.com>>
>
> Subject: [Radiance-general] 3 phase method in Windows OS
>
> Date: July 28, 2014 7:39:25 AM PDT
>

> Dear expert,
>
> I am trying to run the Three Phase Method in Windows 8 but at the moment
> of the DMX generation I have found out a problem with genklemsamp.
>
> Searching in the web I have understood the problem regards something about
> some incompatibility of the Pearl language with Windows OS. I have also
> find a ZIP archives that contains Radiance Perl scripts that were packaged
> into Windows executable files in the Jolaxa site.
>
> Although I have followed the instruction (rather easy since I have only to
> paste the exe file in the bin directory) something still doesn't work.
>
> The command crash even if I run a simple case as:
>
>  genklemsamp -c 10 - vd 0 -1 0 > sample.dat
>
> with the waring : "genklemsamp has stopped working".
>

> Any suggestion?
>

> Kind regards,
> Giuseppe

*Giuseppe De Michele*