[Radiance-general] Where does bgraph look for .plt files?

Vaib vaibhavjain.co at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 09:16:28 PDT 2014

Hello everyone!

I found a similar discussion on this link:
http://www.radiance-online.org/pipermail/radiance-dev/2013-December/001383.html

But still couldn't figure out. What could be the reason?

*When I try bgraph command, I get an error that .plt file is not found.*
bgraph lux.plt | x11meta
include=line.plt
bgraph: lux.plt: File not found: line.plt

*Here is the lux.plt file:*
include=line.plt
title="Working Plane Illuminance"
xlabel="Distance from Window"
ylabel="Illuminance [lux]"
Adata=lux.csv
Acolor=2

*line.plt file is present in:*
/usr/share/radiance/meta

*RAYPATH is set to:*
echo $RAYPATH
.:/usr/share/radiance:

*When I copied the line.plt file to working directory, the error is:*
include=line.plt
bgraph: lux.plt: File not found: line.plt

*When I gave absolute path of line.plt file in lux.plt file, the error is:*
bgraph: Cannot open: /usr/share/radiance/meta/line.plt

*Radiance version is:*
RADIANCE 4R1+20120125-1+b1 (Debian package) 32bit

So the question arises, Where does bgraph look for .plt files?

Thank you!

Vaib