[Radiance-general] Where does bgraph look for .plt files?

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 09:38:38 PDT 2014

You probably need to set the $MDIR environment variable in your .bashrc (or other) startup script.  Some default directory location gets compiled in, but it must not agree with your particular installation location.  This variable is separate from the $RAYPATH setting, but similar.  It is the only other variable you need set in Radiance, as these plotting tools predate any of the others.

Once you find where these files are located (try "/usr/share/radiance/meta" for starters), set your environment variable like so:

	export MDIR=/usr/share/radiance/meta/

The trailing '/' is necessary in this case.

Good luck!
-Greg