[Radiance-general] Modelling sky using sky scanner MS-321LR

Ehsan M.Vazifeh em.vazifeh at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 10:03:58 PDT 2014

Dear Lars,

As I understood correctly I have just distribution of diffuse using sky
scanner. So I need to include the sun separately. Now I have two questions:
1) what is 10 real arguments in the sky scene generated by gendaylit (below
you will find the example)

void    brightfunc    skyfunc
2    skybright    perezlum.cal
0
10    3.114e+01    2.426e+01    -0.989445    -0.210729    22.988    -5.9264
   1.398847    -0.010398    -0.415479    0.909543

2) why when we generate a sky for instance with sun description, we should
always include the sky scene as a glowing source otherwise the illuminance
values will be zero.

I guess I have some fundamental misunderstanding about the sky scene
description. It would be real help if I can get some explanation why this
happens.

CHeers,
Ehsan