[Radiance-general] Modelling sky using sky scanner MS-321LR

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Mon Apr 7 02:05:50 PDT 2014

Hi Ehsan,

as far as I understand the scan pattern used by the scanner is close
enough to the Tregenza patches to use it with dctimestep and daylight
coefficients. To get an idea of the format expected by that tool, have a
look at the output of gendaylit.

Be aware that the sun is excluded in the measurements, so you will have
to find a way to get the direct sun contribution. As there are no "color
channels" in the measurement, you would use the luminance readings and
apply them to all three channels in Radiance equally (R=G=B).

Cheers, Lars.