[Radiance-general] Tone mapping for animation

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 09:11:45 PDT 2013

I don't use hdr2jpeg myself, and it isn't distributed with Radiance.  Depending on which version you have, it applies either a Reinhard TMO or a variant of the histogram adjustment operator in pcond, but there's no way to tell it to use a specific curve as you can with the pcond -I option Jack mentioned.  The latter technique with phisto is what I generally use if I want a sequence exposed the same.  And, you can go on using the same histogram for future frames so long as they don't change too much from the range of past frames.

Cheers,
-Greg