[Radiance-general] ra_gif: out of memory error

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Wed May 16 10:59:39 PDT 2012

The -n option of ra_gif is just to save time on large images by subsampling the input pixels.  For small images, setting -n 1 should produce the best results, so there's no reason to set the option higher.  If you don't have enough samples, the neural network color quantizer doesn't have enough information and I guess it loses its mind...

-Greg