[Radiance-general] BSDF xml into Radiance

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Mon Jul 30 11:52:55 PDT 2012

Hi Greg!

> At least in my experiments, the rendering times always improved with
> increased settings of -c for the same total number of primary rays.
> Are you using the new rcontrib implementation or the older rtcontrib
> (based on rtrace)?  If you are using the latter, then I'm not sure it
> will always help to increase -c.

A question hard to answer right now - I have to check tomorrow when I am
back on my terminal :) But as I pulled the head-release just some days
ago, this may be the reason why. What I observed was a really
significant slow-down on a very detailed scene. I used very low settings
for -ad in this test (-ad 16) and few ambient bounces (-ab 3).

Cheers, Lars.