[Radiance-general] Genskyvec error revisited

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 26 06:18:39 PDT 2012

Hi Rob

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 8:01 PM, Guglielmetti, Robert <
Robert.Guglielmetti at nrel.gov> wrote:

> Greg, I tried your suggestion again as well:
>
> >I can't test it for you, but I suspect the line:
> > } elsif (/\sskyfunc\s*$/) {
> >is the problem.  Try removing the final '\s*' to make it:
> >       } elsif (/\sskyfunc$/) {
>
> ...but no luck.

Have you tried to print out the lines that are actually processed by
genskyvec when it is running? The "validation" in the above code is very
basic and will also fail if genskyvec does not receive any input at all.

> Ryan, have you made any more progress with this issue? Anyone else?
> Bueller?

Here is a link to a MS KB that affects STDIN of scripts (it's very old,
though):

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321788

I don't know if genskyvec can read from a file but you could add this
feature if necessary and use a temporary file to store your sky
description. Then use genskyvec in a second subprocess to read and process
the file.

Thomas