[Radiance-general] Python script

Guglielmetti, Robert Robert.Guglielmetti at nrel.gov
Thu Jul 19 09:26:19 PDT 2012

Ryan,

I'm not sure how inefficient that is, the overhead of an additional
interpreter is trivial these days. For info about what genskyvec is doing,
you should start with the man page, and then simply read the Perl code.
But I'd advise against a full rewrite; I think we just need to figure out
what the problem is with the Perl script. We have found that Genskyvec
fails on multiple XP machines, all running ActiveState Perl. I will try
Strawberry Perl next, but I know I'm grasping at straws here.

Rob Guglielmetti  IESNA, LEED AP
Commercial Buildings Research Group
National Renewable Energy Laboratory
15013 Denver West Parkway MS:RSF202