[Radiance-general] materials in radiance software

Peter Apian-Bennewitz apian at pab.eu
Fri Jul 13 07:57:57 PDT 2012

Hi,
concerning values for specularity and roughness from measured scattering
data, you might find
  http://www.pab.eu/gonio-photometer/demodata/bme/ useful.
It gives numbers of both for some materials. They depend on incident
direction for most materials, but that's actually a problem of the model
rather of the materials and their data.

best regards
Peter

    Hi,
    Do you khow any websites that gives many examples of materials defined by their roughness and specularity fractions and RGB reflectance (examples carpet, mdf, aluminium, marble....) ? how can we choose the RGB colors in radiance when we have multicolor matérial like carpet?
    thank you
    imène SLAMA
    National School of architecture of Tunis

pab advanced technologies Ltd, http://www.pab.eu