[Radiance-general] materials in radiance software

slama imène arch_imen2004 at yahoo.fr
Sat Jul 14 02:52:43 PDT 2012

Hi,
thank you Peter,
Imène

________________________________
 De : Peter Apian-Bennewitz <apian at pab.eu>
À : radiance-general at radiance-online.org
Envoyé le : Vendredi 13 juillet 2012 16h57
Objet : [Radiance-general] materials in radiance software

Hi,
concerning values for specularity and roughness from measured scattering data, you might find
http://www.pab.eu/gonio-photometer/demodata/bme/ useful.
It gives numbers of both for some materials. They depend on incident direction for most materials, but that's actually a problem of the model rather of the materials and their data.

best regards
Peter

   Hi,
   Do you khow any websites that gives many examples of materials defined by their roughness and specularity fractions and RGB reflectance (examples carpet, mdf, aluminium, marble....) ? how can we choose the RGB colors in radiance when we have multicolor matérial like carpet?
   thank you
   imène SLAMA
   National School of architecture of Tunis