[Radiance-general] Modeling glare from light fixtures

Rob Guglielmetti rob.guglielmetti at gmail.com
Mon May 16 09:23:50 PDT 2011

On May 16, 2011, at 9:24 AM, Randolph M. Fritz wrote:
> I wonder if HDR images of an LED fixture would provide a useful basis for glare calculation.  I suppose one could, if one had the resources, move the camera around the luminaire, the way a photometer does, and create multiple images which, if we had a way of getting those images into Radiance, might provide a fairly accurate basis for glare computation.

They do, in the crude sense of just looking at contrast ratios. Never tried with a fisheye lens and running evalglare, but I actually have a slide showing an LDR image alongside a HDR image that was tonemapped with pcond -h that suggests the discomfort of looking at an LED striplight, that I am presenting at Lightfair in (yikes) less than two hours. Gotta go!

- Rob