[Radiance-general] Modeling glare from light fixtures

Randolph M. Fritz RFritz at lbl.gov
Mon May 16 11:41:20 PDT 2011

Sigh.  Everyone except me seems to be at Lightfair.

> They do, in the crude sense of just looking at contrast ratios. Never
> tried with a fisheye lens and running evalglare, but I actually have a
> slide showing an LDR image alongside a HDR image that was tonemapped
> with pcond -h that suggests the discomfort of looking at an LED
> striplight, that I am presenting at Lightfair in (yikes) less than two
> hours. Gotta go!

Seattle put in an LED street light head just down the block.  The point
sources are so bright it's hard to look at.  And yet the old luminaires
(mercury vapor?), which probably have similar photometry, are perfectly
acceptable.

PS: Check out the Lighting Sciences Group/Google home automation demo.

Randolph M. Fritz • RFritz at lbl.gov
Environmental Energy Technologies Division • Lawrence Berkeley Labs