[Radiance-general] HEAD version?

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 2 08:12:16 PST 2011

At my former workplace:

production system: no

my private play box: usually

Reasons for not running HEAD on the production system(s):

1) new features are not required (we are happy with 3.8 and other
outdated bits of software)

2) production machines are Windows and PPC and I have no interest in
(re-)compiling the binaries on those platforms

3) my colleagues are no gurus and if bugs were introduced in HEAD they
would be helpless

I'd say that it is not uncommon for typical daylight assessments to be
done on old or very old versions of Radiance. Think of all the
applications that bundled Desktop Radiance in their distribution.

Thomas