[Radiance-general] behind the scenes detailed manual

Winter, Jan-Christoph j.winter at tu-berlin.de
Thu Dec 15 06:25:15 PST 2011

Hi Randolph and Christoph,

thanks for your feedback.

I have the "Rendering with Radiance" book and also read a lot of tutorials and have a understanding of how to render with radiance, but a lot of the important stuff is fragmented within several places.

I was just wondering if there were a short overview (with graphics) which describes in detail what is going in detail, but it seems like I have to digg deeper and sort the puzzle...

Best regards
Jan

The Radiance calcuations are covered in Greg's papers on Radiance, many
of what you can find on his web site at
<http://anyhere.com/gward/papers.html>.  A tutorial overview is given
in the book *Rendering with Radiance* which you can buy from, well,
me--e-mail if you are interested.

For the specifics of the IES light source calculations the code, I
think, is the best reference.  Look in the ies2rad man page, ies2rad.c,
and source.cal.
--
Randolph M. Fritz