[Radiance-general] Sources for material reflectances

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 18:48:08 PDT 2011

Hi Krystyna,

Google led me straight to a little Radiance material collection at the BPS wiki site:

	http://archbps1.campus.tue.nl/bpswiki/index.php/Radiance

I wish there were more there, but the nice thing about a wiki is that everyone can contribute.  Measuring materials and getting them right in Radiance is time-consuming, and usually tackled on a per-model basis.  As an architect, I'm sure you appreciate how variable even something as basic as gray masonry blocks can be.  Even if manufacturers produced to a uniform reflectance, the material pattern and scale can vary significantly.  Nevertheless, it would be a big help to just have a comprehensive set of generic materials.

We should probably link the above in Francesco Anselmo's wiki site, which is also worth a look

	http://www.bozzograo.net/radiancewiki/doku.php?id=material_collections

Best,
-Greg