[Radiance-general] ecotect to radiance simulation

Ignacio Fajardo primiark at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 09:18:49 PDT 2011

Hi dhaRam

We do a lot of daylight simulations in Ecotect -  Radiance - Daysim for
external consultant
and personal I have done a master, the professor at the university they
don´t teach all that you need to know about
the software and the data.

You need to export the model from Eco to Radiance, and you have two options.
But before to do that you need to give in Eco the reflections value of the
material - material properties and colour.

For Sandstone i recomend to find the coeficient of reflection + the colour
of the material, is important that kind of data for the simulation.

To export is high recommend to be sure the path of radiance.
You need cameras in Eco to see the 3D inside render in radiance.

The first option to export is from CP Radiance (last window). CP open a new
control panel, be sure that the options selected in Eco are the same
in CP Radiance, and the click render. This data is very usefull to Daysim.

The other options is called Final Render, this options give the possibility
to export Rad data to Eco analysis grid.
To export the data is very simple because Eco show an alarm of new data to
export when radiance had finished.

You can download powerfull information from the page of Harvard University,
Diego Ibarra from Chile shows on PDF importants tips.
Best Regards

2011/4/10 dharam <dharmesh.124 at gmail.com>

> Hi there..
>

> Im masters student from India doing my dissertation on the topic:  analysis
> of Indian traditional trellis (Jali) for daylighting
>

> My question is...
>
> 1. i have done modelling in ecotect and the same im exporting to radiance
> for daylighting results...
>
> Im very new to the software... i need guidance on how to get proper views
> and information regarding the model.
>
> I also want to know hoe to map down results from radiance so for different
> cases il have to compare.
>

> 2. i have to give the material of sandstone to my model... the whole model
> material is sandstone ..but i don find sandstone as a material in ecotect.
> Instead its in a layer...so what procedure i have to follow for that or is
> there a method for direct application of the material.
>
> thanks
>

> If any tutorial or anyone could guide me....
>

> dhaRam

        Jorge Ignacio Fajardo F-A
                   Arquitecto *MDCS*

iBSA - Ingeniería Blanda S.A