[Radiance-general] ecotect to radiance simulation

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Sun Apr 10 01:30:31 PDT 2011

Hi, and welcome!

> I also want to know hoe to map down results from radiance so for different cases il have to compare.

What are the metrics you want to compare? Are you looking for point-alike illuminance (as sensor readings), hours where certain criteria are met,...? Are you going with measured climate data or with come CIE skies?
> 2. i have to give the material of sandstone to my model... the whole model material is sandstone ..but i don find sandstone as a material in ecotect. Instead its in a layer...so what procedure i have to follow for that or is there a method for direct application of the material.

It would be nice to have some samples measured using a spectrometer. As you probably only need gray levels for your application, comparing a gray chart with known reflectances to your samples should be enough. It may also be interesting to get an idea on how much reflectance varies for the sandstone found and used in the region. Probably a purely diffuse plastic material can then represent the material in your model.

Cheers, Lars.

--
Dipl.-Ing. Architect Lars O. Grobe