[Radiance-general] Glare Calculation

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 17 08:15:17 PST 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 10:55 AM, alexis Loubeyre
<aloubeyre2 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm doing a glare study with radiance and Ecotect.
>
> Fristly i've created my 3d model in Ecotect, then i've exported it in
> radiance to calculte the lumiance in cd/m².
> No problem for this part.
>
> Secondly I'm using the function findglare and then glarendx, to compute a
> glare index.

Are you aware of the shiny new 'evalglare'?

> When i'm writing my function findglare in my command window like this:
> findglare -p RCP_c3.pic > glaresult.glr
> I've got en error message: "findglare: picture read error"

Is the picture a complete Radiance HDR image? Can you display
it in the Ecotect picture viewer? Have you modified the picture after
the rendering (reduced size, pcond)?

What do you get when you type the command

     getinfo RCP_c3.pic

Regards,
Thomas