[Radiance-general] Hello Greg,

Terrance Mc Minn t.mcminn at curtin.edu.au
Mon Mar 8 20:44:08 PST 2010

Hello Greg,

I have a need to compile radiance for my Mac OSX students who have a
variety of versions of OSX. Can you advise what is the rmake you used to
produce your Mac OS X (10.4 Universal)binaries. The standard makeall
install that I used:
#!/bin/sh
exec make "SPECIAL=ogl" \
     "OPT=-O2" \
     "MACH=-DBSD -DNOSTEREO -Dfreebsd -I/usr/X11R6/include
-L/usr/X11R6/lib " \
     ARCH=Intel "COMPAT=" \
     INSTDIR=/Applications/ray/bin \
     LIBDIR=/Applications/ray/lib \
     ESUFFIX= \
     CC=cc CONFIGURE_ARCH=i386 "$@" -f Rmakefile

only works on my Snow Leopard 10.6.2

By the way I was able to use Xcode to make an intel universal version of
Simon Crone's genrad program, but can not figure the correct settings
for the makeall script.

If you don't have the information then I will make up a install pkg
using the 10.4 tar.gz from radiance-online.

Have you thought about putting a standard install package together for
Mac OSX on the website? I have been playing with the xcode PackageMaker
app which seems relatively easy to conjure up and is ideal for the
complete novice to install.

--

Regards

Terrance Mc Minn
School of Built Environment
Curtin University of Technology
GPO Box U 1987 Perth 6845
Western Australia
Phone: 08 9266 7175
Fax: 08 9266 2711
E-mail: T.Mcminn at curtin.edu.au

CRICOS Provider Code: 00301J (WA) 02637B (NSW)

This email, including any attached files, may contain confidential
information for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review,
use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient (or authorised to receive information for
the recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all
copies of this printing this e-mail.