[Radiance-general] rpiece error

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 07:41:19 PST 2010

Hi Rob,

Thomas is referring to the fact that filenames on the default OS X
filesystem are not case-sensitive, so "Foo.dat" is the same as
"fOo.DaT".  If you create the former, you can refer to it as the
latter.  It will still show up with the case you created it with, but
the system silently ignores case when you refer to it.  You can't have
both "Foo.dat" and "fOo.dat" in the same directory -- creating the
latter would overwrite the former.

This has nothing to do with what goes into a bash script, or how
rpiece gets its options.  Only on older Windows systems is case
ignored in the command line itself.  I don't know when that stopped
being true, but I don't think that's true any longer.

I am as puzzled by the behavior you're seeing as everyone else.
Without having all your files and scripts, though, it's pretty
difficult to reproduce.

Cheers,
-Greg