[Radiance-general] revising geometry

Christopher Rush Christopher.Rush at arup.com
Thu Jul 15 13:49:46 PDT 2010

If you have a rad file of a piece of furniture, with the furniture origin at 0,0,0, but you want to array it within your model, try the following xform command. Check the manpage of xform and adjust parameters as needed. The rad file to define your individual item must be in the same directory. This example makes a 2x3 array with 40x70 unit spacing starting at x,y,z of 500,200,0. Scripting makes this an easy way to vary your furniture or lighting layout. Leave off the ! if you run xform yourself or directly from a script, or keep the initial ! for the following line within a rad file of its own to include with your scene. Use multiple xform commands with only the first "-t x y z" if your added geometry is not a neat and tidy array.

!xform -t 500 200 0 -a 2 -t 40 0 0 -a 3 -t 0 70 0 singlefurniture.rad