[Radiance-general] Re: Simulating Real Skies

Randolph M. Fritz RFritz at lbl.gov
Tue Aug 24 11:29:30 PDT 2010

On 2010-08-24 01:24:26 -0700, Lars O. Grobe said:

> There are lots of references. In my opinion, the first question you
> will have to answer yourself is whether you need to capture sunny
> skies. This is not possible without some modifications of the hardware,
> e.g. filters. Skies without sun can be captured with consumer-grade
> cameras if you have useful equipment and do some calibration.

thanks.

I was thinking about a generator program, rather than capturing HDR
images, but it seems that no-one has heard of one, and it sounds like
there's a really interesting research project in developing one and
validating it.

We might be dangerous, if we had the funding...

Randolph M. Fritz • RFritz at lbl.gov
Environmental Energy Technologies Division • Lawrence Berkeley Labs