[Radiance-general] Re: Simulating Real Skies

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Tue Aug 24 11:57:25 PDT 2010

Hi Randolph!

> I was thinking about a generator program, rather than capturing HDR
> images, but it seems that no-one has heard of one, and it sounds like
> there's a really interesting research project in developing one and
> validating it.

Ok, complete misunderstanding from my side. Hm, of course we have the
choice between various sky models and related generators, Mark's work
being the latest addition. What is it that you are missing? Cloud
patterns? Spectral distribution? Or the uber-gensky creating a
distribution from a simulation of athmosphere, sources etc itself so
that we could finally do light simulations on Mars' trabants?

> We might be dangerous, if we had the funding...

Cheers, Lars.