[Radiance-general] Re: Re: Re: Adding the sun to image basedlighting environment

Santiago Torres Santiago.Torres at arup.com
Tue Nov 24 02:08:00 PST 2009

Hi Anne,

That could be a problem with the mapping function in your .cal file. To me it seems strange to get 360 degree information only from one image, but I've never used a chrome sphere for ibl. Anyway, it seems strange that the image is white (did you change the exposure) You can check the .cal file to find why is it giving a division by zero, or you can post it to the list?

Also, note that mksource ignores any local geometry (i.e. it considers only source objects), which makes sense because otherwise you'd have to define the viewpoint origin. That's why it was ignoring the sphere, so you should have no problems now.

Hope this helps.

Santiago