[Radiance-general] Re: Re: Re: Adding the sun to image based lighting environment

Anne Iversen iversen.anne at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 17:38:19 PST 2009

Thanks Lars and Santiago,
Yes you are right, it doesn't make any sense to have the sun at infinite
distance outside the sphere of finite distance. And yes, I'll keep it
simple, no optimization with mksource at this point ;o).  And a third: Yes -
Radiance is tricky, therefore it is so good that this list is active!

However, when changing the 'sphere environment' from sphere to source I
cannot display my scene any longer. My source description is
env_glow source sphereenv
0 0
4 0 1 0 360
The simulation approach now follows exactly the one in the Image Based
Lighting tutorial from Debevec, p. 31,
http://www.debevec.org/CGAIBL2/ibl-tutorial-cga2002.pdf. I get a white image
and the rvu message:
rvu: warning - compute error for colorpict "hdr_env"
rvu: Division by zero
rvu: Division by zero

Do you maybe also have tips on how I can solve this?
Thanks!
Anne