[Radiance-general] eulumdat photometry tools

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Mon Nov 23 18:28:34 PST 2009

As I know, handling of luminaire data can cause quite a headache. Just
happened to me, as I got some Eulumdat-formatted files. First I tried
Carsten's eulum2ies, but it crashes - I guess due to the hight
resolution in 1 degree steps for my files. Then I found something quite
interesting:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/qlumedit/

It is a QT-based tool, loading eulumdat files, processing the content so
that it can be displayed and edited in tables, creates some plot, and -
converts to IES!

Unfortunately I was not able to compile the QT3-sources, my knowledge on
QT is limited. But at least the Windows-binary runs without any problems
under Wine here.

So maybe someone finds this useful, cheers,

Lars.