[Radiance-general] Re: Glazing transparency/reflectivity study

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 08:36:04 PST 2009

Yes, well, unfortunately Greg doesn't know what he's talking about,
because Galen was right when he said that the glaze script demands
one surface be clear glass.  Your suggestion is better, and should
work, since the glaze script only uses the transmittance and
reflectance values for it's models.

Creating a model that properly accounts for the deepening hue
experienced at off-angle transmission through colored glazing would
require hand-modeling, since the glaze script only considers a
surface coating.  I don't know the construction of the Evergreen
glass, so I'm not sure what's appropriate.

-Greg