[Radiance-general] Exporting file from Ecotect to Radiance

Krystyna Zelenay kzelenay at berkeley.edu
Fri Feb 13 17:57:27 PST 2009

Hi,

I have just uninstalled Desktop Radiance and installed the MinGW version on
my computer (Windows OS). I have been informed that this is the latest
version of Radiance for Windows OS. Unfortunately I now have trouble reading
images exported from Ecotect.

When I export the Ecotect example file "RADIANCE_example.eco" I am able to
see a rendered view of the space in the image viewer, but I cannot run any
of the options for the information overlay (e.g. contour lines, false color,
daylight factors etc.) and get the message "RGBE read error"
When exporting the file from Ecotect, I noticed that when checking whether
Radiance is functional, the exporter returned a message saying that the
application "rview" is missing from the directory. Could this be the
problem? If so, what are alternative ways for evaluating the radiance image?

I have uploaded an image of the error message to the Autodesk discussion
forum:
http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=6124907#6124907

Thanks,

Krystyna