[Radiance-general] Using SSLD skies with sun

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 12 07:27:28 PDT 2009

Hi Dave.

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 2:24 PM, David Smith<dbs176 at gmail.com> wrote:

> A short while ago I modified and recompiled gensky, changing 87.5 to
> 89.9 in lines 218-225 (
> http://www.radiance-online.org/pipermail/radiance-general/2005-December/003118.html
> ).
>
> Has anybody else done this and run into problems?

I did that back in the days when I compiled my own stuff. You can't
got to 90 degrees
but everything else should work. I remember that the positions I got
were still credible
and far better than the results form another algorithm I used that
distorted the sun's
path around the zenith. Gensky may be a bit inaccurate, too, but i
don't think it is
noticeable.

I checked the output by plotting a sunpath with the values I got from the gensky
comments in the output. I think Axel Jacobs has written a script to do
that but you
can use any plotting app you want.

Regards,
Thomas