[Radiance-general] rtcontrib - rad3R9_linux

Germain Augsburger germain.augsburger at epfl.ch
Mon Nov 10 01:26:56 PST 2008

Hi Greg,

I just updated my Radiance version by installing the latest one available on
radsite.lbl.gov/radiance (rad3R9). I tried to run rtcontrib, but nothing
happened. Neither an error nor a result, and no processor activity. I didn't
see anything discussing this issue in the archives, so I would be grateful for
your help! Here are a couple of lines describing my attempts:

1) Does my terminal know rtcontrib...:

IN:
augsburg at lenipc24:~$ rtcontrib
OUT:
Usage: rtcontrib [-n nprocs][-V][-r][-e expr][-f source][-o ospec][-b binv] {-m
mod | -M file} [rtrace options] octree

Yes!

2) Is rtcontrib able to compute the contribution of the "mirrorfull_mat"
secundary sources in my scene...:

IN:(Pathnames are cut for clarity)
augsburg at lenipc24:~$ rtcontrib -m mirrorfull_mat -o mirror.dat field.oct <
cavcylmeshgrid.dat
OUT:
rtrace: warning - too many modifiers in trace list

OK, so let's try with less modifiers...

3) Is rtcontrib able to compute the contribution of the "solar" source in my
scene...:

IN:
augsburg at lenipc24:~$ rtcontrib -m solar -o solar.dat field.oct <
cavcylmeshgrid.dat
OUT:
Nothing! No error, no results (no outfile) & no processor activity.

I hope this comes from a stupid error of mine...

Regards,

Germain
Germain Augsburger

At EPFL:
Room ME A2 391
Tel.: (+41) 21 693 59 68

Physical addresses:
ch. du Carroz 5                         |  17, ch. de la Ruaz
Chez Stéphane Carrupt                   |  Chez Stéphane & Catherine Augsburger
CH-1020 Renens (Switzerland)            |  FR-74140 Yvoire (France)
(Tel.: (+41) 21 634 61 60               |  Tel.: (+33) 4 50 72 85 29
 - matter of urgency)                   |

Internet adresses:
MSN Messenger: germain.augsburger at epfl.ch
Skype pseudonym: germainaugsburger