[Radiance-general] Higher surface reflectance simulation in buildings

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 11:16:17 PST 2008

The higher the surface reflectances, the more bounces you need to
compute.  In pathological cases where you have all white surfaces
facing each other in a closed environment, you may need to disable
the ambient cache (-aa 0) and rely on Russian roulette sampling (-lr
-20 or so).  To get a large -ab setting to work (-ab 20 or whatever),
you will also need to decrease the -ad setting to make this tractable
(-ad 64 or so with -as 0).

-Greg