[Radiance-general] a bug with rtcontrib?

Pavlina Akritas Pavlina.Akritas at arup.com
Thu May 22 02:26:03 PDT 2008

Hello everyone,

I am trying to run 'rtcontrib' with the latest Radiance version to
compute the illuminance contributions according to a Tregenza sky.

The code that I am using looks like this:

rtcontrib -w- -h- -I+ -ad 1000 -as 500 -ab 1 -V -b tbin -o
results/sky/%s$i.data -m skyglow -b 0 -o results/ground/%s$i.data -m
groundglow -f tregenza.cal model.oct < grid/grid.grd

The code works fine when the grid used points up (+z). However, I would
like to find the illuminance on a wall grid, thus the grid points must
point in either +y, -y, +x or -x. When I run 'rtcontrib' in this case
the number of columns varies between 438 and 435 (since rtcontrib
outputs r g b values). Thus, 'rtcontrib' seems to be skipping a patch
every now and then. I have tried also to increasing the settings but the
same problem occured.

Is it possible to resolve this problem somehow so that the number of
columns is consistent all the time (i.e. 438 including the ground)? If
yes, how?

Thank you,

Pavlina Akritas